Friday 25 November 2011

Susssex Weddings: Darren Charles Holloway Photography is Attending the Eastbourne Wedding Show

Wedding Photographer, Darren Charles Holloway has signed up to attend the Eastbourne Wedding Show and i asked him to write a few words about his business, what he offers and some advice about selecting the RIGHT wedding photographer.



Darren:

I am really looking forward to exhibiting at Eastbourne’s Wedding fair in January.

Wedding photography is one of the most important aspects of planning any wedding day. Getting the right photographer who will undoubtedly capture the day with images that will last the test of time is not an easy task. Wedding photography in general has become an over saturated market with many new photographers appearing on a weekly basis. So to some Bride and Groom’s the choice can be a daunting one. Choosing a good photographer should be an easy task if you stick to some simple guidelines:



Images that appear on photographer’s websites can often be made to look better than they actually are! I would suggest never choosing a photographer until you have actually seen their work in portfolio albums. Only in photographic printed from can you really judge the quality of their work and hopefully the result that you will end up with. I always insist that couples view my work so that they can see for themselves the high quality of albums and prints I produce.

Make sure the photographer is a true qualified professional photographer. My photography has been judged and assessed by two professional photography associations and I have passed qualification with the Master Photographers Association (MPA) and the British Institute of Professional Photography (BIPP). This means that you know my work is of a very high standard. A prerequisite to joining both the MPA & BIPP is that I have both public liability and professional indemnity insurance. Make sure if you are choosing a photographer that they are fully insured.

You cannot beat experience!! Asking a member of your family or a friend to photograph your wedding because they have a good “expensive” camera is no substitute for a truly talent professional photographer. They may only have the one camera, what happens if it malfunctions on the day? What would they do if the weather is bad or is an extremely sunny day? What happens if they are ill before your wedding? There are lots more scenarios I could use to justify why having a professional photographer is the correct thing to do. A true professional will put you at ease on your wedding day and will capture images you will treasure for the rest of your life. Throughout my wedding photography career I have received numerous compliments on my work and how I approach each and every wedding. One couple even said "it was like having an extra guest at our wedding".


My style of photography is a mixture of formal and causal with the emphasis on fun not fuss. Feel free to come and say hello at the Eastbourne wedding fair and view examples of my work and ask me more questions regarding my wedding photography.

I look forward to meeting you there.

Darren Charles Holloway



To see Darren's portfolio please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment